- The use of locally grown hops and barley
- The ground extraction of our spring water
- The zero levels of effluent discharge into the neighbouring river
- The tower brewery configuration maximizing gravity, minimising pumping.
Even more important..
- The return to local agriculture of all by-products, such as spent hops for mulch fertiliser or spent grains as cattle feed.
- Energy saving devices such as our heat exchanging paraflows which minimise the boiling of water from cold for mashing.
Most relevant to our Carbon Footprint..
- Harveys returnable packaging: both casks and bottles are returned to the brewery for washing and reuse.
- Short range supply: 80% of Harveys beer is consumed no more than 30 miles from Lewes. We have turned away trade if it’s too far away.