We are delighted to announce that Harvey’s Brewery have been awarded the ‘Best Green Business’ award at the Lewes District Business Awards, held on Thursday 13th July 2017. The awards recognise success, innovation and excellence in the business community of Lewes.
Observed by the judges were Harvey’s dedication to green building and our local credentials.
We are very proud to be able to support and raise awareness of a green economy, and we could not achieve this without the support of our staff, customers and local businesses. Here are some of the ways we try to help the environment:
- All Harvey’s hops are grown within 50miles
- Most of our malt is grown within 90 miles
- All by-products are returned to local agriculture, including Plumpton Agricultural College which converts the spent grains into 1 million pints of milk.
- 80% of our beer is consumed within 50 miles
- Spring water for brewing is drawn via an artesian well 60 feet below our premises.
- We have invested in solar panels on our depot, making the building self-sufficient,
- Harvey’s returnable packaging: both casks and bottles are returned to the brewery for washing and reuse.
We are absolutely thrilled to have won and will continue to support sustainability in the years to come.