You will no doubt have seen the videos and heard the discussions regarding the R campaign that has been circulating for the last 3 weeks.
We now have the great pleasure of revealing Harveys R, a new regular brew available to the trade from Monday 7th July. We will be officially launching the brew at our brewery trade open day on Friday 4th July.
Harveys R is an extremely refreshing, well balanced beer. Ruby in colour it has a slightly hoppy aroma with pleasant bitterness on the palate, which combined with our own spring water and yeast strain help ensure that the brew has the distinctive Harvey character. The alcohol content is 2.8% by volume.
Research has shown;
- Moderation represents a 300 million category opportunity over the next 10 years and is growing at 10% year on year.
- 49% of consumers surveyed are looking to moderate their drinking.
- Moderation has obvious health benefits.
- Consumers want a light refreshing option for post activity occasions i.e. after work or after the gym.
- Moderation is increasingly important during mid-week drinking.
20 to 25 year olds are looking to moderation for the following reasons;
- They want something refreshing and easy drinking rather than strong.
- A desire to last the pace; they don’t want to miss out.
- They feel peer pressure to drink but want lower alcohol options.
- They want to preserve their reputations socially.
- Want to look fit and healthy.
Source: Heineken – Seven Macro Trends