24 September 2019
Robin's Recipe: Old, Cheese, Tomato & Onion Pie
It's almost Old Ale season and Harvey's Brewery are making preparations for their annual 'Dancing in the Old' event, taking place on the first weekend of October. This is an event in which we welcome local Morris Men and Women of Lewes to perform in our Brewery Yard to celebrate the launch of this much anticipated Autumn and Winter brew.
Old Ale features in Robin's latest recipe, a delicious Old, Cheese, Tomato and Onion Pie. Enjoy whilst sitting in front of a roaring fire on a cold winter evening.
- 8oz Plain Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 tsp English Mustard Powder
- 3oz Butter
- 4oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Old Ale
- Place ingredients in a mixing bowl, rub in butter and cheese.
- Add Old Ale to form a firm dough.
- Place in fridge.
- Knob of Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Large Onions (sliced)
- 4 Tomatoes
- 6oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary and Basil (chopped)
- 1 tsp of Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp of Old Ale
- Fry onions and garlic until soft.
- Divide pastry into two and roll out, line a pie dish with half.
- Layer cheese, onion, tomatoes and repeat.
- Season layers with herbs, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Finish with a layer of cheese.
- Place on pastry lid, glaze with milk, decorate with leaves/shapes from left over pastry.
- Bake for 35 minutes, gas mark 6-7 until golden. Serve hot or cold with a glass or two of Old.
Remember to share your beery bakes with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GreatBritishBeerBakeOff. We'd love to hear your recipes!