07 August 2023
Robin's Recipes: Thai Courgette Tom Paine Pickle
So Punk! Are you feeling lucky???!
I’ve concocted possibly the hottest thing I’ve ever made!
This devilish pickle goes fantastically served with spicy food and chilled Harvey's Tom Paine.
- 4 Courgettes chopped into 7mm dice, salted and left for 2 hours
- 6 Chillies sliced
- 6 Garlic Cloves sliced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Good glug of sunflower oil
- Good glug of Thai hot sriracha sauce
- 250ml White vinegar
- 50ml Harvey’s Tom Paine
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the courgette, spices and garlic for 5 minutes until the courgette is just cooked.
- Add the liquids and bring to the boil.
- Cook on medium heat stirring regularly until the juice starts to thicken.
- Bottle in sterilised jars.
- Keeps well for a few months.
Thank you to Robin for yet another delicious recipe!