30 April 2018
Salsa? Harvey’s Georgian Dragon? Introducing the Borracha Dragon Salsa!
Robin is back, and he has a new April recipe for all the Georgian Dragon and Mexican foody fans out there!
This “drunken salsa” recipe is my homage to the staff and managers in the brewery who worked tirelessly to achieve the SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) accreditation.
I’ve used Georgian Dragon Ale, the ruby malt sweetness adds body, and the Pioneer hops create a bitter hop contrast to the hot chilli heat.
Dragon Borracha SALSA
- 3 onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 2 chillies 1 red, 1 green chopped ( add more to your taste)
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- Fry onions on a low heat in sunflower oil until soft.
- Add garlic cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and a cup of water or stock.
- Bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes, leave to cool.
- Blend adding Georgian Dragon beer to achieve a smooth/rough consistency of your choice.
Serve with nachos/ tacos /tortilla bread and a gallon or two of Georgian Dragon Ale!
And now for my take on the Mexican classic Dragon Quesadillas…
- Cheese of your choice
- Your Dragon Borracha Salsa (above)
- Put a large frying pan on a low heat – no oil.
- Spread the Dragon Borracha on a torilla/ flat bread.
- Grate cheese of your choice (I use cheddar).
- Place another tortilla on top and place flat in pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes untill it starts to brown.
- Turn over and repeat.
- Remove from heat cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve!.
This is the basic version, now add combinations of red onions, fresh coriander leaves, avocado, beans and meats of your choice, lemon / lime juice and fresh chillies!
Buon appetito amigos!
ps beware the strength and quantity of chillies otherwise you may be saying…
“There be dragons” for some time!