03 September 2019
Beer, Bacon and Maple Syrup Cupcakes!
Beer and Bacon together in a cupcake? Yes, you heard right! You can learn how to make this weird and wonderful recipe below...
(Makes 12 cupcakes)
For the Cake!
- 210g of self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 1/2tsp of baking soda
- 1 bottle of Harvey's Olympia Beer
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter
For the Icing!
- 130g of butter
- 550g of icing sugar
- 6tbsp of Harvey's Olympia Beer
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1tbsp of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven mark 4/350F/180C and grease cupcake cases with butter.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in a mixer. Add eggs one at a time until mixed.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Grab a separate bowl and pour in ¼ of the mixture, then pour some of the beer in, continue to mix.
- Continue alternating until all the ingredients are mixed in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, leave to cool.
To make the icing:
- Cream the butter and some of your icing sugar. Add vanilla extract.
- Alternatively add some beer (like you did previously with the cake mixture). If the mixture is too wet add icing sugar, if the mixture is too dry add more beer.
- Cook two rashers of bacon, glaze in maple syrup.
- Carefully pipe the icing on top of the cupcake.
- Cut bacon up into small squares (or shape of your choice) and sprinkle on top.
Made by Chloe Stokes, Marketing Assistant at Harvey’s Brewery.