08 October 2019
Bonfire Boy Crumpets
Bonfire Season is fast approaching so why not warm up after this year's festivities with Robin's latest recipe, Bonfire Boy Crumpets.
- 115g Strong White Flour
- 115g Plain White Flour
- 1 tsp Easy Blend Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sodium Bicarb
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 150ml Warm Milk
- 200ml Warm Water
- 100ml Bonfire Boy
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients, stir, then whisk for 3 minutes until thick.
- Leave in a warm spot for approximately 75 minutes until mixture is bubbly and velvety.
- Whisk batter for one minute more, pour into a jug.
- Oil a large frying pan, oil the insides of some crumpet rights or metal pastry cutters, place in a pan over a low-heat.
- When hot, pour in mixture to a 1.5 depth.
- Have a glass or 2 of Bonfire Boy whilst it cooks and bubbles, when top has set (approx 5 minutes) turn out crumpet and re-fry top until golden (1-2 minutes).
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Serve toasted (both sides) with butter and jam or topping of your choice.
Thanks to Duffy (Brewery Engineer) for making Robin some 4" crumpet rings out of stainless steel pipes!
Keep sharing your beery bakes with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GreatBritishBeerBakeOff.