15 October 2019
Armada Sausage Rolls
Late night Christmas shopping in the Harvey's Brewery Shop, was never complete without Shirley Buxton's rather splendid sausage rolls. Here is Robin's take on her recipe.
- 210g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 40g Lard
- 65g Butter
- 3-4 tbsp Armada Ale
- 450g Local Butchers Sausages
- 1 Chopped English White Onion
- Small Handful of Chopped Herbs
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Rub together fats with flour and salt, when crumbly, add Armada. Wrap and place in the fridge.
- Light oven, gas mark 6. Remove sausage meat from skin, mix with other ingredients.
- Roll out pastry 3mm thick into large rectangles.
- Shape a long cylinder from sausage meat, place in centre of rectangle and fold over the ends. Wet this first.
- Turn over, cut into 3cm rolls, prick top with knife. Glaze with a beaten egg.
- Place on an oiled baking tray, cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown, place on wire rack.
- Eat hot or cold with a glass of Armada Ale.
Keep sharing your beery bakes with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GreatBritishBeerBakeOff.