28 April 2021
Georgian Dragon Recipe: Tuscan Dragon Stew
First...catch your dragon...
This hearty rustic dish combines wholesome ingredients with Harvey's Georgian Dragon beer.
Tuscan Dragon Stew
- 12 Meatballs of your choice
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 stick celery - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin mixed beans
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 100ml Harvey's Georgian Dragon
- 2 handfuls of fools ramsons (wild garlic) - chopped
- Fry the meatballs in oil until browned and set aside
- Fry the onions until soft, add garlic and celery, cook for 2 minutes
- Add carrot, tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs and veg stock. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, simmer for 20 minutes
- Add ransoms, meatballs and beer 5 minutes before end.
Serve with your your favourite pasta and salad with a quart of Georgian Dragon on the side!
Thank you to Robin for sharing this delicious recipe!