03 December 2019
Robin's Crunchy Christmas Ale Tiffin
Christmas Ale Tiffin - what's not to like? Serve this slightly naughty treat to good friends for festive cheer.
- 9oz Ginger Biscuits
- 4oz Prunes (stoned)
- 2oz Walnuts
- 2oz Butter
- 1 Tbsp Harvey's Christmas Ale
- 1 Tbsp Dark Rum
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- Bash the biscuits into small pieces and crumbs, place into a bowl.
- Chop the prunes and walnuts, add to biscuits.
- Melt butter and golden syrup over a low heat.
- Add butter mixture, Christmas Ale and rum to biscuits.Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Press into a 6-7" small baking tin or flat dish; firm down.
- Leave to cool somewhere chilly or refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Turn out, cut into fingers or cubes. Dust with icing sugar and decorate as you wish.
- Serve with a glass of Christmas Ale over the festive period.
Thanks to Robin for this delicious festive recipe!
Shop our Christmas Ale here >>>