12 February 2019
Robin's Recipe: Winter Restoration Soup with Kiss
Winter Restoration Soup! (Forwards choice/Kiss)
Feeling the wintry blues? Banish them with this awesome soup!
Chopped, peeled vegetables...
- 2 each of onions/ garlic cloves/shallots/celery sticks/leeks
- 3 carrots
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 red pepper
- 1 apple
- 2 inch piece root ginger
- Orange/ lemon juice
- Harvey's February Ale (Kiss of Forward's Choice)
- Vegetable stock (cube)
- 1 tablespoon - chopped rosemary/thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- Sunflower oil
- Gently fry onion in 2 tablespoons oil till translucent
- Add celery/garlic/shallots/leeks, cook for 2 minutes more
- Add rest of vegetables/herbs, cover with stock by 2 inches
- Bring to boil, simmer for 12 minutes, leave to cool with lid on
- Remove bay leaves if required, Blend until smooth
- Add a splosh of beer, orange or lemon juice (a tablespoon at a time - stir and taste to your satisfaction!)
Warm through - serve with crusty bread and a quart of fine ale in front of a log fire, with friends/ family on a cold winter evening.
nb. the shallots/leeks/family/ friends optional, for richness add butter,
for vegetarian / vegan omit beer/butter
Bon appetit and cheers!