29 October 2019
Sussex Best Brownies
Enjoy the Great British Bake Off Final with these Sussex Best Brownies!
Thank you for sharing your beery bakes with us over the past eight weeks in the #GreatBritishBeerBakeOff, we have loved hearing your recipes!
- 225g Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 225g Sugar
- 100g Cocoa Powder
- 150g Chocolate Chips
- 2 eggs
- 115g Butter
- 340ml Sussex Best Bitter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 75g Icing Sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F
- Line a 9x13 inch cake tin with greaseproof paper. Grease the paper with butter or cooking oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together including half of the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter, then slowly add the beer to warm it up. Stir occasionally. Do not bring the butter and beer mixture to a simmer, it just needs to be warm. Set mixture aside.
- Beat the eggs and add the to the dry ingredients. Stir by hand.
- Add the butter and beer mixture and the vanilla, stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Transfer to cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool off before cutting into squares. While the brownies are cooling off, mix the frosting.
- Melt the other half of the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Add the cream cheese and icing sugar and whip until well incorporated.
- Apply over cooled brownies.
If you still want to share your recipes with us, tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GreatBritishBeerBakeOff.
Check out last week's recipe, Tin Lizzie Jammy Tarts.