22 October 2019
Tin Lizzie Jammy Tarts
As it's Trafalgar Day this week, what better than a recipe using Tin Lizzie, a strong barley wine reminiscent of the "October Ales" which were brewed in domestic brewhouses during the reign of Elizabeth I.
- 4oz Plain Flour
- 1oz Butter
- 1oz Lard
- 2 Tbsp Tin Lizzie
- Homemade Jam of your choice
- Milk to brush
- Mix flour and fats with fingers until fine with breadcrumbs.
- Add Tin Lizzie, mix to a firm dough, put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven, gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry 2-3mm thick on a floured surface.
- Cut 12 disks, place in a floured tart tin, brush with milk.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, add 1 teaspoon of jam per tart (don't overfill).
- Bake for a further 5-10 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool on wire racks.
Devour like hungry sailors, with a glass or two of Tin Lizzie!
Thank you Robin for this delicious recipe!
Keep sharing your beery bakes with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GreatBritishBeerBakeOff.
Check out last week's recipe, Armada Sausage Rolls.